Monday, March 1, 2010

Photo of the Week...Buttons



Buttons...
Well I thought and thought what can I take a picture of buttons...and then I remembered, I had a container of buttons that was my moms. So with the help of my husband, we searched and found the button container. Looking thru the container brought back many memories of being at home and mom. I can remember her always taking the buttons off clothing and then cutting small squares to make quilt tops. So she made quilt tops out of the clothing of my children, myself and family members. All were sewn by hand carefully stitched. I did manage to get one of the tops that is just filled with clothing my children wore...Lots of memories...always Judy

7 comments:

  1. Great photos for the theme this week! I remember in my sewing days that I would keep the buttons of the kids' old clothes and store them in a jar for future use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is neat the so many of us keep a container full of bottons...most of which have been passed down from our mothers or grandmothers....Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does EVERYONE have a container (or 3) of buttons somewhere? how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother had a button box that later became a button jar. Dividing her belongings after she passed away, it was the only thing both my brother and I really wanted - because we both had such fond memories of playing in the buttons! We would play bank, and use them for money, we would sort them by color, and of course we would remember what piece of clothing they'd been on. (Incidentally, I prevailed - I have her jar, as well as my own.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I could just dive right into the middle of the pile! and what a great memory... sometimes the smallest thing can trigger our memories.... good and not so good.... but, this is a nice one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your buttons, they look similar to mine, sorry I am late posting on photo's this week, gee where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete