Thursday, January 21, 2010

All 10 of us..

Had a farely busy day today. Went to gather a baby shower present, pick up prescriptions, and got my hair done.. I almost forgot the highlight of today,,after school I took all 3 grandsons to get their hair cut,,Colby the youngest is some little character and made the job just a little hard but we did accomplish it.

Well I think tonight I will try to write about this big family we have so you will know all their names and just about their life.

Doris Helen born March 1942 and died June 1943. Don't know alot about her but the death certificate says colitis. Mom never talked alot about her only the story of her death. At that time they lived in Southeast Mo. in a small town called Dogwood.
Mom said they knew she was sick but not so bad as to die. She said it had been a very warm day and she had done laundry and hung out to dry on the line. She laid on the bed with my sister in front of an open window with a cool breeze blowing thru, and she seemed better and even played then drifting off to sleep. Mom thought it would be a great time to go get laundry off the line so she went out to do so. While standing and folding clothes with a warm cloudy sky she said there seem to be a light shine down on the house toward the window where Helen laid. She said she hurried and went in to check on her and found she had died. I still to this day cannot lay under a window. She is buried in Dogwood Cemetery along side mom and dad and three other sisters.

Carl Lee born May 1944,and resides with his wife Sharon in Waterloo Illinois. They have 2 children with 2 grandchildren. He was the father figure of the family. He has always been there for me and I have always felt safe when he is around. In my life I have heroes as I have said and he is one. For his strength, love, knowledge, patience, and father figure. I love him so.

Charles Edward, Charlie to his friends, was born Aug. 1946 died April 2001 from a heart attack. He was the laughter of the family and the one with the biggest heart. He never seen you without telling you how much he loved you and always laid a big kiss on ya. He was also the one with the secret life and lots of skeletons. He served in Viet Nam, almost died from a stabbing, car wreck, and getting hit by a car. Married several times but only 2 sons, Charles Jr. and Brian whom we have not seen since they were little nor know their where abouts. It was really hard loosing him and took time for us all to get over this loss. Maybe over. He is buried in Warrenton Cemetery.

Barbara Ann was born in Jan.1951 and resides in Northern Illinois. Married for 35 years and now divorced, has 4 children, and 5 grandchildren. She was my best friend in my teen years doing almost everything together. Upon my illness she is the one that came and stayed with me even tho she suffers from MS. She is still close checking on me although the distance keeps us apart.

Then there was me...Judy Kay,Im sure I will have alot to tell you,,I was born in March 1954

Joan Marlene born Mar.1953 and died Nov. 1955. She was an identical twin. Death due to menigits. She is buried in Dogwood Cemetery.

Jane Christine born Mar. 1953 and died May 1970 in a house fire.She also was an identical twin. She was a wonderful person and my best friend. So hard to over come this loss, blame,and hurt. Not a day goes by I don't think of her. She is buried in Dogwood Cemetery.

Kathy Lynn born Oct.c1959 and died Feb. 1960. I can barely remember Kathy. Cause of death, cardiac arrest, whole in her heart. She is buried in Dogwood Cemetery.

Paula Lynn born Jan. 1962 and resides in Ellington, Mo. Since getting ill she has chosen to not come around me as it is her way of dealing with it. She has 4 children and 4 grandchildren.

Mitchell Wayne born June 1967 and resides in Cahokia Ill. He also chooses not to deal with my illness and doesn't visit much. He has one son.

Well this is all so you know about me and my family. Although we have had so much loss we did have a good life. I love them all so much..

always,,Judy

2 comments:

  1. Very nice to 'meet' and know your family a little better, Judy ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hi this morning and let you know, you left me out. I came into Judy's life in the summer of 1969 and we have been buddies ever since...Love you...Shelly

    ReplyDelete