Monday, January 11, 2010

Encouraged..

Well Im going to give this a try as my very best friend encouraged me to do it. I guess I will begin by telling a few things about me. Im definately not a writer but all written will be honest and from the heart. I am a 55 year old female, a mom of 3, a grandma of 8, and a wife. In April 2008 I was diagnosed with cancer, a rare form of uterine cancer called MMMT. My journey with my fight has been very hard and very life changing for me..It also continues to be very hard. Cancer is not only life changing but also the most frighting thing to go thru. Right now I am cancer free, or as far as I know I am and continue to have a checkup every three months. I find it hard to live 3 months at a time and continue to try to find a way to stop doing it. I not only have the cancer to live with but also got the honors of getting a staff infection, MRSA in the wound and continue to fight with an open wound that will not heal.

Having cancer has made me realize the importance of everything around me and the love I have just of living..I want to spend every minute with the family and friends which I have found not to happen..I sometimes find myself kinda giggling and asking "where have all the people gone?" As I find it a struggle each day to accept the things that I cannot change, my life does not get easier. I love life and all that surrounds me and I will continue to fight to keep it. I have also learned to be honest with myself and with others which has caused problems. With a 25-35% chance of this devil within returning, I have to be honest. You have heard the question What would you do if you only had a day, a week, a year to live? I would and want to spend every minute of it having fun and being with those I love...

3 comments:

  1. Going though each day with the scare of cancer is bad in it's self, but dealing with all of the collateral damage will grate on a person and their relationships. Concentrate on making yourself healthy and wound free and you will be on your way to a wonderful life. You are always on my mind...Love, Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you don't know me, but I found you through Shelly. I'm so sorry you have had such bad time lately with your fight against cancer, But how wonderful that you're now cancer free.

    I hope you enjoy blogging, and that you continue to win your battle with cancer. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are now cancer-free, Judy. I hope you continue to win that battle and I also hope you heal very soon from the MRSA infection. May you live each moment of each day in joy and love.

    ReplyDelete