Monday, January 18, 2010

PHOTO OF THE WEEK.....A Sunday Drive


My Sundays are always spent cooking and getting ready for our routine of family meal and get together. This Sunday would be a special one as it is my Granddaughter Natalie's 10th birthday celebration. But with a few hours with nothing to do my husband and I decided to take a drive. This is something we had not done in over 2 years so I felt very excited. It would be a great opportunity to take some pictures so I grabbed the camera. Ellington has a population of about 1000 residents but is nestled in the mountains with the state parks, Clearwater Lake, and Current and Black Rivers close by it. The park is to the back of town so that is where we chose to start our drive. Finding the sun was out for the first in days we drove and I observed so many shadows. After driving thru the park looking at an old fort site, the fire tower, Buford Lake, the old Log Cabin built by the CC camps, and many animal food plots. we surprisingly did not see one animal. So we decided to go back to the north of town and come back to town. Driving down the road my husband suddenly stopped and started to back up. Looking to my right up on a small hill stood two deer right by the road, right in town. They were in the shadows of the trees and with the colors they could barely be seen. But right in town, right beside the road, and in front of a home. They stood there for quite some time just staring at me. I wondered what they thought but I knew they felt they were safe with me. This is my picture of the week because I felt it showed a shadow but also a trust and one of our beautiful attractions of the area.

5 comments:

  1. Great Great photo and I know your drive was a fun trip. That's what I have planned for today...Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, aren't they beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to get this shot to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely shot! I like how the trees frame the deer in the photo. A lovely way to spend some time on a Sunday ~ :)

    ReplyDelete