Friday, January 22, 2010

My Very Bestest Friend...


Well this is Shelly, my best friend. In 1969 my parents moved me from a big city to a very rural town called Lesterville. Moving was hard on me, leaving all my friends and of course at the age of 15, I had a boyfriend. I can remember the first day of school was horrible and no one talked to me nor tried to. Needless to say I went home crying and was very upset with my mom and dad for moving me in this horrible place. Days past with little change and found each day very lonely..I can still remember the teachers announcing a new student was coming. A girl, in my class, she was very smart, and from E.St. Louis area. Ahh I thought my kind and we almost lived within miles from one another. Thinking this would be my chance to make friends cause surely she would find the same as I did, not real friendly people. The day came and her name was Michelle and yes we were alot alike and we became the best friends anyone could ever see. We shared death, our marriages, our children, and grandchildren together. We sure could tell ya some stories about us too, like the time the ice was on the ground, chickens couldn't even walk, we decided to sneak to town only to end up rolling down the hill to my house. I laughed so hard at her, I cried. We also shared illness. We are still best of friends even tho our distance is short we find it hard to make the time we still need together because of our families but know we are sisters. Lots of memories, of guys, parties, laughs and so many cries. As I have said before she is one of my heroes because of her heart, her understanding, her knowledge, her patience, and most of all for her love, she is my hero. always...Judy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a tribute...Love you...Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and special friendship you and Shelly share, Judy. I'm quite jealous because I lost touch with all my school friends when we left school. I was also painfully shy which was a bit of a hindrance in making close friends. I can't say that I've ever had a truly close friend but I did have my sister so that made up for it, I guess.

    ReplyDelete